This is our very special annual Siang Ngobrol held in the bushy surrounds of Prue and Peter Price's property in Taradale, approximately 100 km northwest of Melbourne. AIAV members and friends are joined by members of BAIK (Bendigo Australian Indonesian Klub) for a great afternoon of food and drink (BYO), chatting (mengobrol) and possibly a performance by the BAIK gamelan. Guests are welcome. Past events have included special appearances by emus and koalas.
As usual, please bring some food to share. A barbecue is available.
Address: 190 Dearden Creek Track, Taradale
Directions: Taradale is between Malmsbury and Elphinstone on the Calder Highway (Melway Ref: 609 E7)
- In Taradale turn into Old Drummond Rd (near the school bus stop). Drive for 2 km until you reach a T-intersection.
- Turn right at this intersection (the continuation of Old Drummond Rd).
- Almost immediately (after 100 metres), turn right into Dearden Creek Track.
- Continue along Dearden Creek Track (into Fryers Ranges Nature Conservation Reserve) for 1.9 km.
- Turn right where you see Prue’s sign and drive in, over the bridge and to the house.